This tutorial is made for Motorola Moto G (Falcon); general FAQ available here
For 4.4.2, an updated guide is available here
For real GPe devices (not ones with a GPe ROM added on it after the purchase), NO code is needed, simply skip to "3. Unlock"
1- Register to Motorola website
2- get your Device ID
- Put your device in fastboot mode (power off, then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously).
- On your desktop, open a command prompt or terminal, and go to the directory where you installed the Android SDK tools (or make sure fastboot is in your $PATH)
- At the prompt, type
$ fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- The returned string will be used to retrieve your unlock key.
Example: On a Windows Desktop, the returned string format would bePaste together the 5 lines of output into one continuous string without (bootloader) or ‘INFO’ or white spaces. Your string needs to look like this:
On a Mac OS Desktop, the returned string format would beCode:$ fastboot oem get_unlock_data (bootloader) 0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230 (bootloader) 30373731363031303332323239#BD00 (bootloader) 8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95 (bootloader) 1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000 (bootloader) 0000000
Code:INFO0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230 INFO30373731363031303332323239#BD00 INFO8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95 INFO1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000 INFO0000000
- Check if your device can be unlocked by pasting this string in the pecific field on the Motorola website, and clicking “Can my device be unlocked?”
- NOTE: If your device is unlockable, a "REQUEST UNLOCK KEY" button will now appear at the bottom of that page.
- after you got the code type the following :Code:
fastboot oem unlock <code>Code:
fastboot oem unlock
5- to relock, (pointless, isn't it?)
$ fastboot oem lock